A few things to think about before you take the plunge into the public storage auction business. Avoid some of the pitfalls, here…
- Are you a self starter who can sell himself and his product?
- Are you willing to take a gamble on the unknown to make storage unit auctions income?
- In this business there is the ‘WOW’ factor and you will soon catch the auction fever when you bid on and win a unit with something really valuable or interesting inside
- This excitement is what keeps many in the storage auction business
- You never know what you are going to get when you bid on a unit and win
- I have found anything from Morgan Silver Dollars to a painting valued at $1500 and more…
- Often one goes by his gut feeling when bidding, and you will soon learn signs of what to look for inside each unit
- There are units you’ll know right away you should avoid and those you just have to bid on and win
- You’ll get a hunch about what’s inside each unit once you get some experience under your belt
It’s exciting going to storage unit auctions and making storage unit auctions income. You will soon get to know the auctioneers and some of the people who will be bidding against you when you start attending storage auctions during the week and weekend.
You will quickly recognize many familiar faces that keep popping up wherever you go. These are the professionals you will be bidding against often.
You will come to know the guys who carry 5-$10,000 in cash on them, determined to aggressively outbid everyone and win what they see are the more valuable units. They come back later or the next day with their big trucks and helpers to clear the units out they buy.